Check out our wedding website for additional information about us and/or our special day

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Who is Beaux? And what are Art Balls?

We might like each other. Maybe.

I remember when Zach and I got engaged back in August-- we both immediately downloaded "Apps" on our phones that has the sole purposed of counting down to our wedding date. Our excitement and overly [well, appropriately] enthused attitudes were quickly shattered when we realized that we had 200-and-something days until our wedding. A lot of days, a lot of complaining, a little bit of changing plans, and bumping up our date 2 weeks has landed us at 48 days from today until show time! We have obtained permission from the Carillon Beach, Florida's HOA to hold our ceremony on their gorgeous private beach-- we've booked the killer pier/patio of a walking-distance-from-the-beach kind of "bar & grill" [Castaway's] where we'll be stuffing our faces with chicken wings, fish tacos and other beach-throw-down-esque foods that have yet to be confirmed. On-line invitations have been sent. We've found a house within the community to stay in for most of the week leading up to May 21 through Sunday May 22. Jordan Almonds for the Koufeta have been ordered, along with the tulle circles in which they will be wrapped. The to-do list for our casual destination beach wedding has been virtually cut in half. This means that the bridezilla in me has long-since gone into hibernation and that Zach and I are actually able to ENJOY the planning process. 

Okay, enough with the wedding stuff. You know we're stoked and you know I've been refreshing my e-mail just about every 5 minutes to see if anyone new has RSVP'ed 'yes'!

This past Friday night we attended the Beaux Art Ball at Georgia Tech-- marking the opening of a new architecture building which will mainly be utilized by graduate students. Each "studio class" was required to design a high fashion costume inspired by an architectural structure-- Zach's group went the more science-y route and used the atom [which I applauded]. My education was spent sharing lab rooms 
and lecture halls with peers who lacked complete artistic and creative abilities-- not to squeeze all science nerds into such a hopeless category but let's face it, we like our facts. My horizons were definitely broadened because of my experience at Beaux Art Ball-- Georgia Tech kids, specifically architecture kids seem to be super artsy. Not in a bad way-- I can imagine that when half of your major revolves around creative design, artsy-fartsy-ness comes in handy. There were some incredibly impressive designs featured in the run-way show. My most favorite part of the evening was seeing my gorgeous red head friend, Carly Hansen who unknowingly planted the seed that became the plant that is now Zach+Maxine. I owe her our first born child. Okay, now that I've paid homage to the event that totally consumed the past week of Zach's life-- can we start talking about wedding stuff again?! I swear, I'm not selfish. Okay-- maybe only a little. In all seriousness-- it's fun to accompany my darling fiancee to events such as these, I thoroughly enjoy supporting his endeavors and seeing his work come to life.


In health news: I've officially given up Chick-Fil-A from now until post-wedding-reality settles in. In turn, Zach has given up Dr.Pepper. I'd like to say that I've entered into hyper-work-out-mode but really, I've just been running 5 miles on my lunch break [daily/on weekends]-- which I have done since highschool-- and partaking in the every-now-and-then p90x routine. In fact, I've taken about 3 breaks from yapping to join Zach in p90x Ab-Ripper-X...which I will now dedicate myself to in entirety.


Z+M

No comments:

Post a Comment