Check out our wedding website for additional information about us and/or our special day

Sunday, May 15, 2011

We Might Be Busy....Maybe

It seems as if our immune systems have decided to embark on an inconvenient-for-us, impromptu vacation-- leaving Zach and I defenseless, full of mucous, relentlessly coughing and detrimentally exhausted.

However--- seeing as how this is my last week as a Dounis (legally), we're not allowing our snotty noses to break our spirits. That's right-- we've initiated the final countdown. And with T-6days until McClure-Dounis-Wedding-A-Palooza we've nothing but smiles upon our sick little faces. 

I've taken the entire week off from work so that I can get my hands dirty in the pre-wedding-madness. For instance, I spent all of yesterday making these: 

Pom-Poms! This is a semi-action shot as I couldn't get the lil' buggar to stop swinging! I did some research and I fell under the impression that Martha Stewart's Pom Kit was the best way to go-- however, being the stubborn penny-pincher that I am....I went rogue and did them myself. Tissue paper from target (white and blue), yellow ribbon from Hobby Lobby, floral wire from Hobby Lobby and my beloved glue gun made this project possible. We wanted something* to spruce up the aisle (as if the marshmallow-white-fluffy sand wasn't enough... .we are SO spoiled) and further than that....DESIGNATE an aisle rather than just having a boring ol' break in the chairs. We're thinking of hanging these puppies over the chairs that line the aisle for some pop. Initially we wanted pinwheels but since we've invested in some adorable paper-hand-held-fans to keep folks cool, we thought the addition of pinwheels might be a little over board. 

I have a wealth of things to gush about but I think my patience (AKA my attention span) has been exhausted on pom-poms and coughing-- I have no choice but to succumb to these things and once more procrastinate on divulging the juicy stuff. I will soon. Promise.

Love to you all!
Z+M

No comments:

Post a Comment